The script is so similar and repeatable that it is sickening after a while. There are a bunch of people who proud to be Muslims and follow Islamic preachings and feel it is kosher to kill and maim anyone they can. They move around in a clandestine manner using people – often co-religionists and plan their goals. The normal population goes around in a normal and careless manner and suddenly the bombs go off. Everything is finished!
For the person who dies, his family will never see her back! The very next morning, there is a huge reaction.
The Muslim world – mostly peaceful human beings – come out saying the same things that follow these three main points:
1. The terrorists were not Muslims – in fact not even humans
2. They were not workig according to Islamic teachings for Islam is peace-loving
3. Muslims are peaceloving in general. Now, read the reactions below. They are the same reactions as above.
Now, you would notice an interesting thing. The only people using the “Islamic teachings” and quoting them are the Terrorists! Where and when did the Islamic Scholars bring out exact verses that contradicted the verses brought out by the terrorists?? Who is “interpreting” the Terrorists’ favorite and potent wherewithal.
I am getting sick and tired of the “Islam is a Peaceful Religion” after every great Jehadi action!! How many people will die before it dawns on everyone that there is NOT a single example where Islam and its teachings were explicitly used for peace with as much alacrity as they have been time and again.. repeatedly and everytime used for killing!!
I am not saying Muslims are not peaceful but the ones who are peaceful seem to be despite the teachings not because of them.
It is easy to box someone who asks these questions as a “Hindutva Fascist” – but that is the argument of the BRAINLESS – for they do not have to think simply create a box.. put the debater in that box and voila you are done!! No thought .. no inconvenient introspection – just a convenient categorization and the work is done!!!!
Al-Qaeda has adopted a broader interpretation of the religious command concerning the killing of infidels. It is considered an absolute command that does not depend on political circumstances, the need or will to take revenge, or a wish to liberate Muslim lands from infidel rule. Saif al-Din al-Ansari, in an article in al-Qaeda’s official periodical, presented the new, comprehensive concept of total extermination of Islam’s enemies based on the Quranic verse: “And that He may purge those who believe and deprive the unbelievers of blessings” (Al-Imran, 142).
According to al-Ansari, this is the way Allah deals with infidels, who are doomed throughout history to total extermination through various types of death, as was the fate of the people of Noah, Hod, Saleh, Lot, Midian, and Pharaoh. Al-Ansari asserted that the extermination of infidels is a permanent Islamic law and unchangeable fate for infidels that is as relevant today as it was in past generations.
According to al-Ansari, “Just as the law of extermination was applied to the infidel forces among the nations in previous days and no one could escape it, so it will be applied to the infidel forces in our day and no one will escape it. Namely, similar to the fate of the Thamoud and ‘Ad peoples [two pagan Arab peoples which, according to Islamic tradition, were exterminated due to their rejection of the words of the Prophet], so the American state, the Jewish state, and all other infidel countries will certainly be destroyed.” (Saif al-Din al-Ansari, “Wa-Yimhaq Al-kafirin,” Al-Ansar, vol. 15, Aug. 10, 2002, pp. 4-8)
Some Quranic verses that ostensibly help the terrorists in their times of dilemma! Anyone out there who can re-interpret these in a more kosher way.. because I cant!!
– “Strike off their [infidel’s] heads. Strike off their finger-tips! … because they defied God and his Apostle [Muhammad].” (Sura 8:12-13)
– “Make war on them [infidels] until idolatry shall cease and God’s religion shall reign supreme.” (Sura 2:193)
– “Seize them and put them to death wherever you find them.” (Sura 4:89)
– “Believers, make war on the infidels who dwell around you.” (Sura 9:123)
– “When the sacred months [Ramadan] are over, slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them; besiege them; and lie in ambush everywhere for them. If they repent [convert to Islam] and take to prayer and render the alms levy, allow them to go their way.” (Sura 9:5)
Here is an explanation Reasons for 7-11 Mumbai Bombings from the eyes of the perpetrators:
A spokesman for Lashkar, Abdullah Ghaznavi, denied the group was involved. The purported al-Qaida member, who identified himself as Abu al-Hadeed, appealed to Indian Muslims to take up jihad and said ‘whosoever has carried out the attacks in Bombay we express our gratitude and happiness.’ It was impossible to verify his identity or his claims independently.
The train bombings ‘are a reaction to what is happening to the minorities, especially Muslims in India,’ the man said in a statement read over the phone to Kashmir’s Current News Service. ‘We appeal to Muslims in India to fight for freedom and Islam and choose jihad as their way to achieve freedom and establishing Islamic ways,’ he was quoted as saying.
The Current News Service said the man spoke in Urdu, the language of most Muslims in the Indian subcontinent, though he identified himself with an Arabic name. ‘Today a unit of al-Qaida has been established in Jammu and Kashmir which shall henceforth be called al-Qaida Jammu and Kashmir,’ the man said. ‘We shall be giving out statements regularly and will soon announce our aims and objectives.’
And the Islamic reactions at the three major bombings in the last 5 years.
* “Hijacking Planes, terrorizing innocent people and shedding blood constitute a form of injustice that can not be tolerated by Islam, which views them as gross crimes and sinful acts.” Shaykh Abdul Aziz al-Ashaikh (Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia and Chairman of the Senior Ulama, on September 15th, 2001)
*The terrorists acts, from the perspective of Islamic law, constitute the crime of hirabah (waging war against society).” Sept. 27, 2001 fatwa, signed by: Shaykh Yusuf al-Qaradawi (Grand Islamic Scholar and Chairman of the Sunna and Sira Countil, Qatar) Judge Tariq al-Bishri, First Deputy President of the Council d’etat, Egypt Dr. Muhammad s. al-Awa, Professor of Islamic Law and Shari’a, Egypt Dr. Haytham al-Khayyat, Islamic scholar, Syria Fahmi Houaydi, Islamic scholar, Syria Shaykh Taha Jabir al-Alwani, Chairman, North America High Council
*”Neither the law of Islam nor its ethical system justify such a crime.” Zaki Badawi, Principal of the Muslim College in London. Cited in Arab News, Sept. 28, 2001.
*”It is wrong to kill innocent people. It is also wrong to Praise those who kill innocent people.” Mufti Nizamuddin Shamzai, Pakistan. Cited in NY Times, Sept. 28, 2001.
*”What these people stand for is completely against all the principles that Arab Muslims believe in.” King Abdullah II, of Jordan; cited in Middle East Times, Sept. 28, 2001. The above statements by high ranking international Muslim scholars appeared in an advertisement placed by the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty, in the NY Times, October 17th, 2001 (p. A 17)
*CANADIAN MUSLIM SCHOLARS REJECT “MISGUIDED” CALLS FOR JIHAD : The Canadian office of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR CAN) and the Canadian Muslim Civil Liberties Association (CMCLA) today denounced a series of recent statements made by Osama bin Laden and his al-Qaeda network that state that Muslims should wage a “jihad” against Americans.
“Islam respects the sacredness of life, and rejects any express statement or tacit insinuation that Muslims should harm innocent people. Despite our disagreement with certain American policies, we must never abuse the concept of Jihad to target innocent civilians. Jihad, which literally means ‘struggle,’ has an internal, societal and combative dimension. The internal dimension of Jihad encompasses the struggle against the evil inclinations of the self, and the spiritual project to adorn the self with virtues such as justice, mercy, generosity and gentleness.
The societal dimension includes struggling against social injustice and creating a communal identity based on charity, respect and equality. Finally, the combative aspect of jihad is only to be used as self-defense against aggression or to fight oppression, and, even then, to be observed with strict limits of conduct that preserves the life of innocents and the sanctity of the environment. Moreover, this latter type of Jihad can only be declared by a legitimate, recognized religious authority. Using the concept of Jihad to justify harming the innocent is contrary to the letter and spirit of Islam.We condemn any violence that springs from this misguided interpretation.”
*Ingrid Mattson, a professor of Islamic studies and Muslim-Christian relations at Hartford Seminary in Hartford, said there was no basis in Islamic law or sacred text for Mr. bin Laden’s remarks. “The basic theological distortion is that any means are permitted to achieve the end of protesting against perceived oppression,” said Dr. Mattson, a practicing Muslim.
“Islamic law is very clear: terrorism is not permitted,” she added. “Even in a legitimate war – even if Osama bin Laden were a legitimate head of state, which he’s not – you’re not permitted to indiscriminately kill civilians, just to create terror in the general population.” (“Experts Say Bin Laden is Distorting Islamic Law”, NY Times, Oct. 8, 2001)
To anyone out there who thinks they can change the world by hurting others: Terrorism is NOT OKAY. Killing people is NOT OKAY. This is NOT ISLAM. This will NOT get you to heaven. Terrorism is SATANIC and barbaric!
Islam even forgave the very people who wanted to destroy it from the moment it was brought to the world! People everywhere, raise your voice against terrorism, dont be intimidated by it! Raise your voices against the crimes of the terrorists, against the state-led terrorist acts, against war, against poverty!! Dont sit back and take whatever your governments give you.
Dont just watch CNN and blindly believe whatever they say and not think about what they dont! Make yourselves aware, and make sure you are heard!!!!
Wikipedia: on the reaction after 7-7.
The Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, Sheikh Abdul Aziz Al-Asheikh denounced the deadly blasts that rocked London, saying “”Killing and terrorizing innocent people and the destruction of property are not condoned by Islam”. He also censured the terrorists for tarnishing the image of Islam by attaching their heinous crimes to the religion.(ref )
- The Muslim Council of Britain said that it “utterly condemns” the “indiscriminate acts of terror.” 
- The Australian Muslim Civil Rights Advocacy Network have issued a public statement condemning the attacks, offering their condolences to the British people, and pledging their support in bringing the terrorists to justice. 
- The Council on American-Islamic Relations condemned the attacks, stating “We join Americans of all faiths, and all people of conscience worldwide, in condemning these barbaric crimes that can never be justified or excused. American Muslims offer their sincere condolences to the loved ones of those who were killed or injured in today’s attacks and call for the swift apprehension and punishment of the perpetrators.”
- The Islamic Circle of North America released a statement saying, “The Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA) is shocked and horrified at the several attacks on the people of London during the rush hour mass transit. We join everyone in condemning such acts of terror and senseless violence. Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their loved ones at this tragic moment. We trust that the authorities will determine those responsible for these barbaric acts and bring them to justice quickly.” 
- Leading Lebanese Shi’ite Muslim scholar Mohammad Hussein Fadlallah stated, “These crimes are not accepted by any religion. It is a barbarism wholly rejected by Islam.”
- Many Muslim Britons were deeply hurt and disgusted at these attacks, especially due to the fact that that the bomb site by Aldgate station had a huge surrounding Muslim and Asian community. However, they cited the British government foreign policy as the main reason for the attacks. One in four British Muslims supports the reasons mentioned by the terrorists. 
Technorati : Islam, Muslims, Terrorism
Del.icio.us : Islam, Muslims, Terrorism
Ice Rocket : Islam, Muslims, Terrorism
Flickr : Islam, Muslims, Terrorism
Buzznet : Islam, Muslims, Terrorism
43 Things : Islam, Muslims, Terrorism