Here is a stunning statistic:
One in 50 American children in the course of a year are Homeless!
Southern states are the worst affected.
But to be fair the following are included in this list:
- When the young parents move in with their parents (doubling up) – their kids are also included
- Those who live in in trailer parks and motels ..
- Kids of Migrant workers, and
- Kids in Foster care
What issues does it create for the kids? Here is what happens to these kids specifically:
- Health problems
- Poor performance in Math and English
- Failed grades and dropping out.