Lenovo is the number 2 smartphone company in China with a market share of 11.2%. It is now launching its products in India.
Given its legacy of IBM PCs, Lenovo has now fashioned it into this “4 screen” strategy to be ready for the post-PC era. It will focus on PCs, tablets, smartphones and smart TVs.
The phones which will be priced between 6,499 to Rs 28,499, will be currently launched in South India and Gujarat and in 6 months they will be taken to the rest of the country.
These are five Android based smartphones – Lenovo A60+, Lenovo S880, Lenovo P700i, Lenovo K860, and Lenovo S560. While runs on the dated Android 2.3 operating system, the other 4 phones run Android 4.1.
- 5-inch IPS display with 720X1280 pixel resolution.
- 1.4 GHz quad-core processor
- 8GB internal storage
- 8-megapixel camera shooter with built in special effects and editing options.
- Priced at Rs. 28,499.
- 5-inch device.
- sleek looking smartphone, which is just 9.9mm thick
- long battery life.
- Dual-SIM Android smartphone
- Priced at 18,999
- Target Market: music lovers – has Dolby Digital Plus technology
- 4-inch IPS screen and runs on a dual-core processor.
- 5-megapixel camera
- Priced at Rs. 14,499.
- Dual-SIM smartphone
- 4-inch smartphone
- 1GHz dual-core processor
- With ‘Lenovo Smart Energy technology,’ which helps the enhancing the battery life of the smartphone
- Capable of delivering a talk time of up to 28 hours and standby time of up to 13 days.
- Priced at Rs. 12,499
- entry level smartphone
- 3.5-inch screen,
- 1GHz processor
- Priced at Rs. 6499.