Don’t predict future; it aint as easy even for experts
We all look at our past experiences and try to plan and predict the future. A lot of people act very smart and think they can control the future and what happens in it. But is that true? Just look at the following facts that were so true just over a decade ago:
- Greece was strong.
- Russia was bankrupt.
- Oil cost $13 a barrel.
- AOL dominated the Internet.
- Smart economists thought the US government would pay off the national debt by 2009.
- Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL ) was a joke.
- General Motors (NYSE: GM ) was at an all-time high.
- Mark Zuckerberg was in middle school.
- Y2K was a major worry.
- Fortune named Enron one of America’s “most admired corporations.”
Do you remember of any other things that looked strong and “forever” to stay, and are nowhere there today.