Pakistan has been badly stung after the Surgical Strikes by India in PoK and it is running around like a mad dog trying to see whom it can spit its story at to make them believe in them! In a smeeting in an interaction by Atlantic Council, Pakistani Senate’s Defence Committee chairman Mushahid Hussain was trying to peddle Pakistani lies. Senge Hasnan Sering, the Director of the Gilgit-Baltistan National Congress, ripped Hussain apart on his lies! Here is what he said:
You occupy one-third of Kashmir, and an occupier cannot be a friend of Kashmir on the other side. You have been exploiting resources in Gilgit-Baltistan. Without paying royalty or compensation, a single penny for the last 70 years, I call you a thief in Gilgit-Baltistan and a thief in Gilgit-Baltistan cannot be a friend in Jammu and Kashmir. The only thing that is good is that the Pakistani Army wants to maintain a status quo because that is a money making machine in Kashmir.
Pakistan is a thief in Gilgit-Baltistan, can never be Kashmir’s friend ~ Senge Hasnan Sering
Pakistan has no story on Kashmir at all. It was the aggressor in Kashmir when it attacked the State of Kashmir ruled by Hari Singh. When the UN resolution was done at the behest of India, the main thrust for the UN resolutions was that Pakistan had to vacate Kashmir first and foremost. The latter actions could happen only after that!
Pakistan-Occupied-Kashmir is not legally a part of Pakistan’s. It has been occupied by Pakistan!
If you want to read the entire detailed account of what happened during that time, please read this article – Definitive story of Kashmir. For a recap, here is the sequence of events that happened during that time!
- British left the decision of accession to India or Pakistan or being independent on the monarchs of the 565 princely states.
- Kashmir’s King decided to remain independent.
- On Aug 12 1947, Prime Minister of Kashmir, RC Kak requested both India and Pakistan for a “Standstill Agreement”.
- Pakistan agreed to sign the Standstill Agreement, which it did, while India wanted further negotiations. So Pakistan recognized the independent status of Kashmir categorically!
- In the UN resolutions pertaining to Kashmir, the final resolution of August 13, 1947 stated that once the Part i and Part II were executed – only and only then the plebiscite could take place in the WHOLE of Kashmir.
- The UN resolution for plebiscite was rendered void once the Karakoram area was transferred by Pakistan to China, thus changing the ownership and the situation of a third of Kashmir irrevocably.
More and more such indigenous activists from Kashmir need to come out in order to expose the truth of Kashmir … and the utter shamefullies